Keep tight control over IT user permissions, access and lifecycles to minimise the risk of compromise and catastrophic business harm with Sentis’ Active Directory management.
- Active Directory exploitation is a shrewd tactic favoured by malicious insiders and external threat actors.
- Through vulnerabilities in Active Directory permissions, segmentation and general housekeeping, cybercriminals can engineer some of the most devastating attacks and data breaches.
- This commonly manifests as a user account (an existing or former employee) being compromised through a hack or social engineering attack.
- From here, if user permissions are not adequately restricted, the threat actor can create a new admin account.
- With this admin account, they can make critical changes to IT infrastructure which allow for undetected data exfiltration, malware installation and lateral movement across entire networks.