The emergence of new technologies is creating opportunities for cybercriminals to invade vulnerabilities in your system.
Businesses must stay proactive to protect themselves and their workforce from cyber-attacks. For example, there are a number of security protocols including staff awareness training and software protection that should be used to form a robust security strategy.
Regardless of how many levels of security software you have in place, your company is only as strong as your weakest link. And in some cases, the weakest link may be your employees if they are not following your security strategy. That’s why it’s crucial to build a culture where cybersecurity is a top priority for everyone, from the board to junior frontline staff.
- Training your staff is key to minimising the level of threat, so check out the following to make sure you’re doing your best to protect your business.
- Keep software up to date – regular updates ensure vulnerabilities don’t leave your system open to attack
- Crisis and continuity management – keep your staff up to date with the crisis plan and help them understand their role in protecting the business
- Frequent training and support – educate your staff about the importance of cybersecurity and the value of your security policies
- Lead from the top – demonstrate the importance of cybersecurity for management and empower staff to be proactive in spotting threats
- Clear and concise policies – make sure you have a policy in place and that all staff are aware of it.
Sentis’ IT and security specialists can train your staff about their role in protecting your business from cyber threats.
For more information and for a free consultation, please contact us on 0800 652 0804.